CloudPlugs Trademark Usage Guidelines
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
CloudPlugs considers its brand, service marks, trade names and trademarks (collectively “Trademarks”) to be among its most valuable strategic assets. These Trademarks, whether registered or unregistered, must be used in accordance with these Trademark Usage Guidelines (the “Guidelines”). Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions about the Guidelines, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CloudPlugs Trademarks are in various forms and include words, logos, designs, slogans, and colors. Our Trademarks include all registered or unregistered trademarks, including but not limited to those trademarks listed on the CloudPlugs Trademark List. Most of the Trademarks are either: “word marks” (e.g., Edge One) or “design marks” or “logos” (e.g., the CloudPlugs Logo).
Third-party affiliates, licensees, partners, and resellers who have a current agreement providing authority to sell or promote CloudPlugs products and services should refer to specific trademark usage guidelines provided in their agreement. If the agreement does not include trademark usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines.
Prohibited Uses of CloudPlugs Trademarks
- Do not use or register Trademarks in the name of your company, products, or services in any jurisdiction.
- Do not use Trademarks as a domain name or social media presence.
- Do not use Trademarks as or in connection with Google AdWords or any similar online advertising service.
- Do not use Trademarks in false or misleading advertising and may not imply any relationship, endorsement or sponsorship by CloudPlugs that is not true.
- Do not use Logos without express written permission from CloudPlugs.
Permissible Uses of CloudPlugs Trademarks
- Accurate References to CloudPlugs Products or Services. Except for the CloudPlugs logos (the use of which must be expressly authorized), you generally may use CloudPlugs trademarks to refer to CloudPlugs’ products or services in advertising, promotional, and sales materials, provided that you have the necessary authority to sell or promote CloudPlugs’ products or services.
- Compatibility with CloudPlugs Products or Services. You may indicate the relationship of your products and services to CloudPlugs’ products or services by using an accurate referential phrase in connection with your product or service (e.g., “for use with,” “compatible with”) provided that: (a) the CloudPlugs trademark appears less prominent than your product or service name; (b) the CloudPlugs trademark is not a part of or incorporated in your product or service name; and (c) the referential phrase is accurate and complies with the requirements set forth in any agreement with CloudPlugs.
- Publications, Seminars, and Conferences. You may display or refer to CloudPlugs word marks in the titles or subject matter of books, magazines, periodicals, seminars, and conferences, subject to the following requirements:
- The use of the CloudPlugs word mark is referential and necessary because it is relevant to the subject matter of the publication, seminar, or conference;
- The use does not damage CloudPlugs’ reputation or goodwill in its trademarks and reflects positively on CloudPlugs Inc., its products, services, and technology;
- Your name, logo, trademarks, or trade name are displayed more prominently than the CloudPlugs word mark on all materials in connection with the publication, seminar, or conference;
- You conspicuously disclaim any and all sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by CloudPlugs, on all publications and/or materials in connection with the publication, seminar, or conference in the following format: “[Title] is not affiliated with or otherwise sponsored by CloudPlugs Inc.”
- You provide a trademark attribution notice providing notice that CloudPlugs is the owner of its trademarks.
Please note that you may not use CloudPlugs logo marks in Publications, Seminars and Conferences unless you have an agreement with or express written consent from CloudPlugs authorizing such use.
Proper Usage of CloudPlugs Trademarks
Proper usage of CloudPlugs trademarks is important for their continued protection and aids consumers who depend upon CloudPlugs’ products and services. All authorized parties should follow these guidelines whenever they use CloudPlugs trademarks.
- Do Not Alter CloudPlugs Trademarks. Trademarks should be used consistently and should not be altered. For example, do not vary the appearance of CloudPlugs trademarks by abbreviating them, using improper capitalization, incorporating them into acronyms, changing their spelling, or adding words or design elements to the trademarks. The CloudPlugs Trademark List provides the proper spelling and capitalization for each trademark.For logo marks, use only the approved master artwork provided by CloudPlugs. Do not alter or distort the appearance of the logo in anyway, for example, by adding your own design elements or colors or changing the font, proportions or colors. The logo must always look sharp, clean, and well produced. Always allow for a minimum clear space around the CloudPlugs logo and never reproduce the logo in a manner that causes the logo to become illegible or blurry, which may happen if the logo is reproduced too small. Finally, do not use the CloudPlugs logo marks as decorative devices.
- Use Trademarks As Adjectives. Trademarks are adjectives and should be followed by the generic term they modify. In the first use, and then as often as reasonable and whenever possible, use any CloudPlugs trademarks as an adjective followed by the generic noun that it describes, such as “platform,” “agent”, “product,” “subscription,” or “service.” Do not use CloudPlugs trademarks as nouns, verbs, or in the possessive or plural form.
- Use Proper Trademark Notice Symbols. Trademark notice symbols (the TM (™) or Circle R (®)) are a way for brands to give notice to the public of those word and design marks it claims exclusive ownership. Proper trademark notice symbols should be used with all CloudPlugs trademarks, which can be found on the CloudPlugs Trademark List. When in doubt, do not leave the trademark notice symbol out.
- Use Proper Trademark Attribution Statement. Ensure that you include the proper trademark attribution statement crediting ownership of the trademarks to CloudPlugs. The correct trademark attribution statement depends on which trademarks were used in the collateral. Use the template below to customize for your specific asset.
Trademark Attribution Statement Template:
CloudPlugs, the CloudPlugs Logo, CloudPlugs IoT, Edge One, the Edge One Logo, PicoPlug, and the PicoPlug logo, and [if applicable and if space permits, you may add any other trademarks found on the CloudPlugs Trademark List that are referred to or displayed in the document] [is/are] trademark[s] or registered trademark[s] of CloudPlugs Inc. or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries.
Usage Rules for CloudPlugs as a Trade Name
CloudPlugs functions not only as a trademark identifying goods and services offered by CloudPlugs Inc., but also as a trade name or company name referring to CloudPlugs Inc. Trade names are nouns and, therefore, should not be followed by a generic descriptor and may be used in the possessive form. When used as a trade name, “CloudPlugs” should not be followed by a trademark symbol. Within documents, the first reference to the trade or company name should be “CloudPlugs Inc.” “CloudPlugs” can be used for subsequent references. Conversely, when CloudPlugs is used to refer to specific products, services, or programs, the ™ symbol should be used per the above guidelines and should be followed by a generic noun.
Misuse of CloudPlugs Trademarks
If you learn of any uses of any logos, icons, or images that are confusingly similar to the CloudPlugs trademarks, please notify CloudPlugs by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Similarly, if you become aware of any use of a CloudPlugs trademark that violates any of the rules described above, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, please provide a copy of the trademark violation.