Lightweight – Built to run on low power devices
Secure – Fully protected core, applications and communications
Powerful – Sophisticated applications in a few lines of code
Easy – Develop fast, deploy apps with one click
The Best IoT Device and Edge Agent in the Industry
The SmartPlug™ can be deployed into any device/thing or IoT gateway that can run an operating system. It supports local communications through multiple interfaces and multiple protocols simultaneously, enabling devices and sensors with different physical interfaces and protocols to interact and exchange data and commands seamlessly.
The SmartPlug™ enables the remote configuration and configuration update of devices, remote application installation and updates and it includes powerful tools for remote device access, maintenance, monitoring and support.
While the SmartPlug™ was developed for the Internet of Things, it can also be deployed in the enterprise and in data centers because it also runs great on servers, personal computers and network appliances.
By streamlining application development, configuration, installation, maintenance, diagnostics and customer support, the SmartPlug™ has a remarkable ROI by enabling the fast delivery of new services, by reducing the number and length of support calls, by expediting time to market, installation and maintenance while increasing OPEX savings and enabling better customer experiences.
The SmartPlug™ is available in two packages:
SmartPlug Standard Edition
- It is the default SmartPlug™ package.
- Runs applications in clear text, or applications that have been “signed,” or “signed and encrypted” with 2048-bit Asymmetric RSA by CloudPlugs servers.
- Includes the NPM (Node.js Package Manager) allowing the installation of over 200,000 node.js npm open source modules
SmartPlug Standard Edition (SE) is used when maximum flexibility is required to develop applications, when there is a need to install third party open source modules, and when faster agent boot time is required without additional encryption overhead.
SmartPlug Hardened Edition
- Runs only applications that have been signed or signed and encrypted with 2048 bit asymmetric RSA by CloudPlugs servers.
- It only executes certified and trusted applications
- It does not include the NPM
The SmartPlug Hardened Edition (HE) is used when highly secure applications are required, when access to open source modules is not important and when additional encryption overhead justifies longer agent start-up time.
Lightweight and Efficient
- Ubiquitous design. Runs on low power and high power devices.
- Low CPU and memory consumption. SmartPlug™ requires 32MB of RAM, less than 32MB of disk space and typically uses less than 5% of the CPU in most applications.
- Uses the PlugNet™ protocol for highly efficient, secure and feature rich communications over the Internet.
Easy to Use and Configure
- Download, install and configure in a few minutes.
- 256-bit AES encryption for the local No-SQL database and configuration files.
- 2048 bit Asymmetric RSA protects user source and application code and prevents script injection.
- SSL for Internet communications using the PlugNet™ protocol.
Develop Powerful Applications 10X Faster
- No more low level firmware development for your devices.
- Re-use thousands of node.js and npm open source modules.
- Implement complex logic in a few lines of code.
Cloud Based IDE
- Full blown, cloud based Interactive Development Environment (IDE).
- Develop your device applications anywhere, anytime, on any browser.
- One click deployment of application scripts and updates to thousands of devices.
- Automatic cloud error reporting helps keep track of bugs before and after deployment.
- Track which scripts have been deployed and which have been saved but not deployed.
Simultaneous Support of Multiple Local Interfaces
Industrial Automation Interfaces
- MODBUS Serial and TCP for data collection and control
- OPC-DA and OPC-UA
- Siemens STEP 7
- One click deployment of applications to thousands of devices.
- One click deployment of application updates to thousands of remote devices.
- One click, firewall friendly, Remote Terminal sessions enable full remote access to SmartPlug.
- One-click remote file access and file uploads/downloads with the Remote File Manager
Multi-Operating System Support
- Embedded Linux
- Ubuntu Core and Ubuntu Snappy
- Windriver Linux
- Solaris 11.2
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Mac OS X
Robust and Reliable
- Supports auto re-connections and message retransmissions for reliable communications.
- Always on with support for auto process restart.
- The SmartPlug™ process is impervious to user application bugs and will continue to run with all the built-in features, including the ability to receive application updates from the cloud and the support for remote login through the SmartPlug™ terminal.