CloudPlugs uses a very flexible and powerful channel based publish and subscribe architecture.
Things and applications subscribe to channels to publish information and to read or issue control commands. Published data may be formatted as structured JSON objects and/or regular unstructured data providing maximum flexibility.
Channels are created dynamically as data is published, eliminating the rigid need to manually create and manage channels in most systems today. One Thing can subscribe to multiple channels and individual channels can be accessed by multiple Things.
The Smart Message Bus allows Things to communicate with each other independent of the protocol they use to connect to the platform.
Dynamic, Hierarchical Channels
- Structured like standard file system nested hierarchies (sensor/fridge/temperature)
- Support for smart data queries and wildcards (# and +)
- Automatically created when Things publish data (no need to pre-create them since they also behave like tags)
- Change channel data types on the fly
- Manage data collection through the REST API or through WebSockets
- Geo-location based triggers allow management of mobile Things
- Reuse your HTTP services through our customizable HTTP requests
- Support for e-mail with dynamic templates
- Support for SMS notifications
Work Faster and Smarter
- Adaptive/dynamic support for changes in structure of published data
- Firmware updates do not require changes in the platform
Central Controller Management
- Multiple controllers can manage the same Things
- Each controller has its own permission to access Things
- Centralized set up of policies for individual controller access to Things