Commercial and industrial companies are now seeking to add connectivity and intelligence across devices, machines, buildings, plants, manufacturing floors and remote sites.”
The Rise of Edge Computing
Introducing Edge One™, an Open Edge Computing Platform
to Optimize your Operations Infrastructure and to Deploy New Services
Connect all field assets
Easily integrate your legacy and new generation field devices into the IT infrastructure with a diverse set of protocol connectors. Add your own or third party connector containers for even more flexibility.
Ingest and Enrich your Data
Collect and ingest data, process it with over 40 available functions on the Flows module, or add your own algorithms and data processing containers. Transform raw data into information for your upstream operations, IT and business applications.
Analyze and Learn
Run data analytics, complex event processing and machine learning microservices in Edge One™ and/or in the cloud to get to know your devices and implement predictive processes.
Manage Devices and Applications
Edge One™ devices and applications are configured, deployed, managed and updated through CloudPlugs IoT. Devices and applications can be controlled locally or remotely. Create your custom application containers, push them to CloudPlugs IoT and deploy them securely on Edge One™.
Create Digital Services
Edge One™ delivers an advanced loosely coupled microservice infrastructure. Users can create applications and services deployed as containers. Given the new operations insights enabled by Edge One™, companies can also implement new digital business models such as selling outcomes in addition to products.
Flexible Operation Mode & Data Targets
Edge One™ operates ONLINE, OFFLINE or in STORE and FORWARD modes providing maximum flexibility of deployment. In addition, its Message Router can receive and send data from or to multiple IoT clouds and MQTT message brokers at the same time.
An Advanced Edge Platform
Easy Asset Connectivity
Connect and manage diverse industrial devices and sensors with a single interface. Enable field assets to exchange data transparently with protocol mediation.
Better Insights & Actions
Process and enrich data at the edge to transform it into information. Analyze data and process complex events to achieve an integrated view of field asset behavior. Turn insights into actions to improve productivity and performance.
Free Your Data
Edge One™ is cloud and server agnostic. Store your data in CloudPlugs IoT or in any cloud or server of your choice. With Edge One™ you are free to move and store the data in the place(s) that will benefit you the most.
End-to-end Digital Chains
Give your IT and analytics applications field asset visibility. Enable machine learning capabilities cloud to edge and transform preventive processes into intelligent, predictive operations.
High Performance & Scalability
Process over 100k msg/sec and enjoy unparalleled edge scalability. Deploy on low cost commercial or industrial IoT gateways, or high performance servers.
Low Cost of Ownership
Simple, per device pricing model that includes traffic and storage. Connect as many devices and process as many tags as you need without the worry of a price per tag model.
IIoT Connector Modules
- Modbus RTU / TCP – supports Master and Slave modes. The Slave mode allows the integration with SCADA and Building Management Systems (BMS) enabling them to connect transparently with legacy and new generation IIoT devices.
- BACnet – Connects, retrieves data and can send commands and write tags on BACnet devices in a building.
- OPC UA Client – Full implementation of OPC-UA enables transparent communications with one or more OPC UA servers.
- OPC DA Client – Full implementation fo OPC DA enables transparent communication with 1st generation OPC systems and power plant DCS.
- ADS / TwinCAT – Offers bi-directional communications with Beckhoff ADS / TwinCAT PLC’s.
- Siemens STEP 7 – Integrates Simatic STEP 7 products into your IoT fabric with bi-directional communications.
- PI JDBC – Retrieves historical data from OSISoft Pi servers.
Additional protocol support is continuously added. You can add your own container modules to integrate devices with other protocols, if desired.
- CloudPlugs IoT
- Amazon AWS IoT
- Azure IoT Hub
- Google IoT Core
- IBM Watson IoT
- Any MQTT Broker that has an Internet connection
Connectivity to GE Predix is supported through Edge One™ Flows.
Some of the core functionality that Flows enables include:
- Data processing
- Complex event processing
- Connectivity to other clouds
- Connectivity to cloud applications
Flows can deployed in Edge One™ in the field and in the cloud to perform further data processing before data is passed to a Data Lake or to other operations and business applications.
- MS SQL Server
Edge One™ also supports local data visual analytics with the use of Grafana which can be configured on any of the supported datastores.
- A Dashboard that provides detailed system status and performance information.
- Easy project configuration interfaces to connect your field devices and to program visual flows, rules and data routes.
- Easy interfaces to configure users, system and network parameters.
- Audit Trails which include device and event logs.
Device, Application and Data Lifecycles
- Edge One™ based devices are created, configured and provisioned by CloudPlugs IoT.
- Device configurations are managed, deployed and updated through CloudPlugs IoT.
- Core and Application containers for Edge One™ are pushed into the CloudPlugs IoT registry and provisioned to devices from the cloud.
- Edge One™ data can be stored and managed by CloudPlugs IoT or by any other IoT cloud service.
With CloudPlugs IoT, provisioning and maintaining edge microservices is a breeze.
- A secure, firewall friendly remote terminal.
- A remote graphical file manager.
These tools are designed to ease remote management of your Edge One™ devices and to minimize support costs.
Hardware and VM’s
- Any 32-bit or 64-bit Intel x86, or 32-bit or 64-bit ARM-based system with the following specs:
- 1Ghz processor, 512MB of RAM.
- 1Ghz processor, 1GB of RAM if the Flows module is required.
- 1Ghz, 2GB of RAM if the OPC UA, OPC DA or PI JDBC clients are required.
- Any Intel x86 compatible desktop, server or VM with at least the configurations above.
- Ubuntu Core
- Ubuntu Server
- Linux – Supported except some networking functions specific to each OS such as WiFi access point and modem configurations. Please contact support with your specific requirements.