Easily and Securely
Connect assets and PLC’s with a wide list of out-of-the-box connectors. Easily add your own connectors to devices and applications. Send edge data to CloudPlugs IoT or to any IoT cloud.
Gain Insights and
Use out-of-the-box visual analytics tools to gain insights on your data. Add local storage, analytics and automation applications that execute based on data or events captured by a local complex event processing engine.
Create and Deploy
Applications & Digital Services
Easily add your own custom field connectors, applications and digital services written in any language and packaged and deployed as docker containers. Edge One is designed to ingest large volumes of data.
The Rise of Edge Computing
“Enterprises that have been using cloud computing to improve operations processes have realized that it is more efficient and cost effective to digitize and perform many core functions on their edge infrastructure.
Commercial and industrial companies are now seeking to add connectivity and intelligence across devices, machines, buildings, plants, manufacturing floors and remote sites.”
An Advanced Edge Computing Platform
The Perfect Bridge for OT and IT Integration, Operations Optimization and New Service Delivery
Open, High Performance
Open, extensible, container and microservice-based functionality delivers maximum flexibility. A high performance platform that ingests data at rates up to 100k messages/second.
Out-of-the-box connectors to easily integrate field devices, assets and applications with bi-directional communications with your IT infrastructure.
Processes data and events, performs edge analytics and executes AI and automation models, raises alarms and exchanges data and commands with backend OT, IT and hyperscaler applications and services.
Runs on devices or virtual machines with Ubuntu Server or Debian operating systems, 32-bit or 64-bit x86 or ARM 1GHz processors, and a minimum of 512MB of RAM and 2GB of storage.
IIoT Connector Modules
Edge One™ has out-of-the-box connectors for bi-directional interaction with industrial devices and applications. The following connectors are currently available:
- Modbus RTU / TCP – supports Master and Slave modes. Allows the integration with over 1 billion devices, SCADA and Building Management Systems (BMS).
- OPC UA Client – Full implementation of OPC-UA enables transparent communications with one or more OPC UA servers.
- OPC DA Client – Full implementation of OPC DA enables transparent communication with 1st generation OPC systems and power plant DCS systems.
- ADS / TwinCAT – Offers bi-directional communications with Beckhoff ADS TwinCAT II and TwinCAT III PLC’s.
- Siemens STEP 7 – Integrates Simatic STEP 7 products into your IoT fabric with bi-directional communications.
- PI JDBC – Retrieves real-time and historical data from OSISoft Pi servers.
Additional protocol support is continuously added. You can also build your own connector for any protocol, in any language following the Edge One™ connector guidelines, package it as a docker container, upload it to CloudPlugs IoT and deploy it on Edge One™.
Edge One’s™ Message Router provides a flexible, bi-directional message and command exchange infrastructure through the configuration of one or multiple routes. Routes are configured to read data from local projects or topics and send the data to other projects and topics or to an enabled external message broker using MQTT or Kafka. Command routes are supported enabling cloud or other remote applications or services to send commands to Edge One™ projects. Supported external endpoints include:
- CloudPlugs IoT
- Amazon AWS IoT
- Azure IoT Hub
- Google IoT Core
- IBM Watson IoT
- Apache Kafka
- Any MQTT Broker that has an Internet connection
Connectivity to GE Predix is supported through Edge One™ Flows.
Edge One™ Flows is a powerful flows visual programming tool that includes over forty (40) pre-programmed data processing and connectivity functions. It allows to easily wire devices and applications. It is fully compatible with Node-RED and you can import existing Node-RED flows into Flows.
Some of the core functionality that Flows enables include:
- Data processing
- Complex event processing
- Connectivity to other clouds
- Connectivity to cloud applications
Flows can deployed on Edge One™ in the field and in the cloud to process data before it is sent to a Data Lake or to other operations and business applications.
The Edge One™ Datastore connector allows to store raw or processed edge data into several No-SQL and SQL databases. This functionality is typically used in Offline and edge computing applications which require that all data stays local. The following databases are supported:
- MS SQL Server
Edge One™ also supports local data visual analytics with the use of Grafana which can be configured on any of the supported datastores.
Edge One™ includes a user friendly web interface that allows to configure and monitor the operation of the platform remotely. Some of the core features included are:
- A Dashboard that provides detailed system status and performance information.
- Easy project configuration interfaces to connect your field devices and to program visual flows, rules and data routes.
- Easy interfaces to configure users, system and network parameters.
- Audit Trails which include device and event logs.
Device, Application and Data Lifecycles
Edge One™ relies on CloudPlugs IoT for device, application, container and data lifecycle management through a single pane of glass.
- Edge One™ based devices are created, configured and provisioned by CloudPlugs IoT.
- Device configurations are managed, deployed and updated through CloudPlugs IoT.
- Core and Application containers for Edge One™ are pushed into the CloudPlugs IoT registry and provisioned to devices from the cloud.
- Edge One™ data can be stored and managed by CloudPlugs IoT or by any other IoT cloud service.
With CloudPlugs IoT, provisioning and maintaining edge microservices is a breeze.